- Steering handlebars
- Two or three wheels that make contact with the ground
- Functioning pedals
- An electric motor with a maximum output of 500 Watts
- A top speed of 32 km/h
- A maximum weight capacity of 120 kg
- Wheels with a minimum diameter of 406.4 mm
- A label from the manufacturer indicating that the device is a power-assisted bicycle and complies with provincial laws, displayed in both official languages.
- A headlight and taillight that are securely mounted
- Reflex reflectors for increased visibility
- Brakes on all wheels or on each axle
- An operable bell or horn
- A mechanism, separate from the accelerator controller, that allows the operator to turn the motor on and off while riding, or prevents the motor from turning on or off until the bicycle reaches a speed of 3 km/hr.
RULES OF THE ROAD FOR CYCLISTS
For more details on the moped regulations, please refer to : https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/transportation-and-infrastructure/power-assisted-bicycles