ENVO FLEX URBAN
The World's 1st and Only Foldable Cargo/Family Ebike
Discover the ultimate urban cycling experience with the ENVO FLEX Urban. Its compact, folding design and powerful performance make it the perfect companion for city dwellers and commuters alike. Top Speed 32Km/h (20mph).
One Heavy-Duty Bike for Multiple Purposes
Whether you need a high performance heavy duty cargo ebike for off-road adventure or a street legal utility foldable ebike for urban use, FLEX has an answer to it.
Off-Road Style Foldable Compact Cargo Ebike
The Flex Urban has a sturdy, compact, foldable, unisex hydro-formed aluminum alloy frame that can fit riders varying in height from 5' to 6'5". It can carry up to 300 pounds of weight and features a step-thru design that allows the rider to easily get on and off. It will never let you down on steep hills thanks to its powerful high-torque assist system and can go anywhere due to it's 3.3" fat tires. Two passengers can ride the bike comfortably, and the second passenger has plenty of room to sit on the spacious rack. You can also attach two child seats and bring your children along for the adventure.
Robust Battery Life
The long-lasting 1680 Wh Dual-battery outperforms competitors, allowing for longer rides on a single charge not to worrying for the way back.
Convertible to Envo Flex Trike
Another advantage of the Flex Urban is the ability to enjoy having two products on the same platform. The Urban can be easily converted into the Flex Trike utilising modular design components, solving the need to have a 3-wheel electric bike.
Discover the best in electric micromobility with ENVO, a Canadian company specializing in locally designed products providing you with local support, convenience, affordability, and sustainability for all your needs.
What Makes FLEX URBAN ebike The Best in its Class
FULLY CONTROLLED E-Assist System
The Flex Urban has an advanced pedal-assist sensor and enhanced torque emulation software. The advanced torque-emulating Pedal Assist Sensor (PAS) signals the controller to switch the motor between 5 levels of pedal assist, offering a boost to your pedaling depending on the level of assistance you pick while riding. The Flex has an on-demand thumb throttle that provides an extra boost by activating the motor according to the twist whether you pedal or not, resulting in a completely electric ride if you are unable to pedal or want a quick acceleration or uphill push.
RELIABLE TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
With gently pedaling, you can conquer up to 25% slope while riding a hill on gear 1 or 40km/h speed on gear 8 thanks to the well-engineered 8 speed 48T chain ring and 11-32 cassette transmission.
2nd PASSENGER-CARGO RACK
ENVO Flex includes a precisely designed strong rear rack with a weight rating of 150 lbs and the ability to fit two child seats (longer version). A cushion can be simply added to the rear rack to allow a second adult, enjoy the ride.
Geared Hub Motor With Higher Quality
ENVO FLEX Urban is equipped with a sealed, powerful, upkeep free, geared hub motor that offers 500W power and 60Nm torque. Our motors are designed efficiently and hence are lighter than most powered geared hub motors in Canada, yet they deliver high torque and efficiency. These ENVO motors are developed for over 20,000Km maintenance-free ride.
High-Quality Battery Pack
The ENVO Battery is an A-grade branded Li-Ion battery made up of LG or Panasonic Li-Ion cells with a BMS that protects the battery from overcharging, overloading, and other potentially dangerous actions, extending its cyclic and calendar life. Battery cells have been chosen to perform well in frigid temperatures. Flex Urban also has a dual battery option, which doubles your range. With the small portable CC-CV smart Li-Ion battery charger, the ENVO battery can be charged on or off the bike frame.
Fat Cushion Tires
Flex Urban has 20"x3.3" tyres that provide cushioning to increase riding comfort, dynamic mobility, and handling on various terrains. Tires are big and knobby for the maximum traction on wet cement, asphalt paved, dirt or gravel trails, while producing the least amount of noise and drag on routine urban pavement rides.
A foldable, adjustable, lockable fork with robust fork legs improves high-speed stability and handling on trails and pavement. It lowers shocks to the frame and battery system while also providing maximum comfort.
The Flex is fitted with high efficiency and bright headlight powered by the main battery and controlled by a keypad on the handlebar.
Taillight and reflector provide more safety riding in the dark. It powers up once the headlight is switched on.
The unisex saddles are the most relaxing, cushion saddles with ultimate comfort and style for all riders, professionally designed with cuts and curves for high performance pedaling and broad enough for long upright cruises.
ENVO Urban eBike Features
- ESE – ENVO Sustainable Engineering
- Foldable Step Thru Frame – Only folding cargo bike in market
- Lightest and most compact bike in cargo category.
- Total Weight – 29 kg (64 lbs.)
- Max Speed – 32km/h
- Range – 50-100 km with single battery and up to 200km with dual batteries
- Lowest Q-factor for any fat bike in market.
- Rated for 400 lb (180kg) payload capacity
- Full cargo capacity, with front and rear racks and in conjunction with add-ons.
- Standard bike add-ons compatible such as surfboard holder, golf bag holder, etc.
- Torque emulating smooth PAS, providing incomparable riding experience.
- 20 fat urban tires – perfect for low noise and low drag yet provides adequate grip and load capacity
- 36V12.8Ah battery pack (additional 36V12.8Ah dual battery option available)
ENVO Urban eBike Features Specifications
Battery 36V, 12.8Ah Controller 36V, 500W Display LCD Display with speedometer, odometer, pedal assist indicator, etc Hub Motor 500W Lights Front Light, Rear Brake Light Pedal Assist 5 Level Pedal assist Wiring
Water Resistant Wiring
Brakes Mechanical Disc Brake Brake Pad Material Ceramic Pad Brake Rotors 180mm Crank set 52T, 170mm crank Derailleur 8 Speed Fenders Front and Rear Frame 6061 Aluminum Frame Fork Solid Fork Freewheel 11-32T Handlebar Foldable Telescopic Racks Rear and Front Racks Saddle Ergonomic Saddle
ENVO Urban eBike Sizing Chart
Assembly Instructions and User Manual
CLEAN BC REBATE: SPECIALTY USE VEHICLE INCENTIVE PROGRAM FOR BC BUSINESS CUSTOMERS ONLY*
Rebate upto $1,300
So far I love this bike! I’m new to ebiking and this one is comfortable, smooth, easy to operate and adjust. I plan on getting it tuned up yearly by a professional but so far it’s great. The only thing I would change is when it’s in 1st gear the chain rubs on the tire, so I won’t use 1st if I can help it.
For the price it isn't bad, definitely the cheapest option I found for a cargo ebike that carries kids. It does the job.
I haul two kids with it using Polisport seats attached to the large rack - gets them to and from daycare, barely. I live in Nelson, BC - we have a ton of steep grades and the battery can sometimes struggle. I would definitely recommend going with a 48V bike if you have a bunch of hills.
I like that both a front and back rack, as well as foot pegs, were included as part of the purchase price. ENVO also seems to have a ton of dealers in Canada, so service options should be available if it comes to that. We were also heavily considering an Aventon Abound. Chose ENVO because it was quite a bit cheaper, but you always get what you pay for :).
Setup was simple enough, they have an online video on youtube.
My main issues with the bike are:
- Mechanical brakes are stock. For a bike that's supposed to carry kids, this is a truly headscratching choice from the design team. You absolutely have to spec hydraulic brakes on a cargo bike. Even the D35 has hydraulic brakes.
- Battery range is nowhere near what they advertise! I have never achieved more than 30km before running out of juice, and when you get to around 30% charge remaining the bike starts to struggle with power up hills.
- Fender stay was broken when shipped. Customer service was fairly responsive and sent a new part right away, props to that. They've been fairly responsive on the whole.
- Chain rubs against tire in 2 lowest gears. I have a strip all the way around the tire where you can see the rub. This was a setup issue from factory that I fixed.
- Fat tires. Not a huge fan of the 3" tires on the bike. I emailed and asked if I can decrease the tire size, they stated only a 3" tire would fit. That's unfortunate.
- External battery looks a bit silly compared to bikes with integrated.
- No child containment systed (ie. MonkeyBars). We have two seats for now but my 5 year old will be too big for them next year. This would be a huge seller for ENVO so not sure why they don't have a simple containment system. When I asked ENVO they said one might be in development.
Even with the mixed experience on this bike I am still considering other ENVO Bikes like the D50. It's just tough to find independent reviews of ENVO bikes to help when researching bikes. Hope this helps future customers.
Love it !
Perfect for transporting my two kids ! Love it, best quality and price
Il est comme un neuf. J’ai installé des guidon pliant sur la tige de ma selle. Ainsi je peux me promener avec ma fille assise sur le coussin arrière. Je le recommande fortement. Il roule très bien
I like that they are strong but foldable. Great value for the details